Thor Hushovd – pretty boy with pretty wife?

6 Jul

Every so often it’s rather good fun to look at the search terms people have used to find my blog. (I generally have good faith in Google, but I must wonder what possessed it to direct the searcher who typed in ‘sex in Pulloxhill’ here??? And if you have just found me by searching for just that, I must disappoint you. You can stop reading right now.)

Lately, it is Thor Hushovd who is dominating my stats; much as he is putting in some good work in the Tour, he is also working hard for my blog. Specifically, it’s the search term ‘Thor Hushovd wife’, which has accounted for a whopping 50% of my search-based traffic these last few days.

So, if you just found me by searching for ‘Thor Hushovd wife’, I would like to know: are you looking for photos of said wife, or were you hoping there isn’t one? Just wondering…

About these ads

11 Responses to “Thor Hushovd – pretty boy with pretty wife?”

1. HGLY Sport July 7, 2011 at 8:34 am #

More than one person has arrived with us after googling “Andy Schleck girlfriend”. I’m not sure how that happened, or if they got what they were looking for.

“cadel evans (hobbit or muppet or frog)” brought someone in this week too.

2. Mark July 7, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

Beate, I stumbled across this page whilst looking for something in Pulloxhill!

3. Beate Oera-Roderick July 8, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Ha ha! Well, I don’t know what they get up to up there, but I can send you directions, if you like…?

4. Erin July 15, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

Whoops, you caught me! I googled “Thor Hushovd married” and found a delightful blog! You have some great posts, good to know I have moreto look forward to as the Tour winds on!

5. bronwyn July 15, 2011 at 11:36 pm #

Yep, after today’s win, I looked to see if my new boyfriend Thor was married. And if so, was she pretty…haha. Will follow the blog now though. Love watching the Tour and love learning more about each of the cyclists.

6. Beate Oera-Roderick July 16, 2011 at 9:59 am #

Thanks for the comments, ladies!
    Thor’s my favourite too, though as I have a husband, I should probably not be interested in the wife issue;)

7. Mary Ellen July 20, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

Hee hee! I Googled Thor Hushovd and wife! Secretly I was hoping he didn’t have one but knew that was probably not the case. So then, I wanted to see a picture. I am sure she is a Norse beauty!!! Love your blog!

8. Beate Oera-Roderick July 20, 2011 at 1:15 pm #

Thanks, Mary Ellen!
    To satisfy your curiosity I’ve dug up this Norwegian article, which has a picture: http://www.vg.no/sport/sykkel/tour-de-france/2011/artikkel.php?artid=10088804

9. Sheree July 24, 2011 at 6:32 pm #

Thor’s one of my fave’s too as he’s a member of that very select sub-set “Riders who weigh more than me”. Looking forward to seeing him ride this coming week end in San Sebastian.

I joked that Norway was closed as everyone was down in the Alps. In view of recent horrific and tragic events, that unfortunately obviously wasn’t the case.

Thought today’s minute silence organised by Thor, patron of the peloton, was a nice touch.

10. Beate Oera-Roderick July 25, 2011 at 11:56 am #

Thanks, Sheree.

My interest in the Tour waned very quickly on Friday, sadly, but it was lovely to hear of Thor’s actions. He is both a great cyclist and a great role model, I think.

11. Susan July 25, 2011 at 7:26 pm #

We just love to see you race. You have been one of my families favorites for seveal years and we were just curious to see if you had a family and what you do in the off time. Congradulations on a terrific Tour this year we were yelling for you all the time and will looik forward to seeing you next year.( Do you ever do races in the US such as the Cycling PRo rd Championship in South Carolina ?)